Sickle Cell Disease Association of America 44th Conference
I had the awesome privilege to travel to Baltimore in September to attend the 44th Annual Sickle Cell Convention sponsored by the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America. I went to the convention with the hopes to be informed and inspired to continue the work of supporting those in our community impacted by Sickle Cell.
The conference did not disappoint! I walked away educated and empowered and maybe even more importantly I walked away feeling hopeful. I know at least for my family sometimes can get lost in the “dark side” of this condition and we get frustrated because progress seems painfully slow. This conference reminded me, however, that this is NOT a forgotten disease. There are many people around the world working diligently to find a cure and to find better “medicines” and methods to manage this disease.
Below are just a few of the workshops I attended. You can also learn more and even access some of the lectures by vising the SCDAA @ www.sicklecelldisease.org
- Improving Educational Outcomes for Students with Sickle Cell Disease in Schools
- Baseline Knowledge About Hydroxyurea Among Adults and Parents of Children with Sickle Cell Disease
- SAY YES 2 HYDROXYUREA Building Bridges to Improve Patient Care
- Affective Technologies for Improving the Lives of Persons With Sickle Cell Disease Burden of Illness in Sickle Cell Disease
- Capitalizing on a Successful Methodology that Moves Data To Action
- TRANSITION TOOLKIT AND OUTREACH
- Patient Centered Approach to Identifying Provider and Patient Level Barriers to Care for Sickle Cell Disease